Our Four Product Lines & 25 Models
Classic, Traditional, Heritage, and Miniature College Chairs
Affinity Classic College Chairs
Good Looks, Comfort, Solid Amish Construction
- Most Comfortable College Chairs Available
- High-quality Amish College Chairs Built to Last for Generations
- Officially Licensed College Products
- Bright, Colorful Logos via our proprietary TrueColor Logos™, Official College Emblems, and other images that represent colleges, universities, businesses, and organizations, in true Pantone™ Colors
- Multiple Styles, Woods, Finishes, Fabrics, Leathers, and Logos
- Multiple Styles of Classic College Chairs that will help Distinguish You and Your Institution from all others
- Made in America – American Woods and American Craftsmen in Ohio’s Amish Country.
Affinity Classics builds Amish college chairs in Ohio. We work in Amish Country because of the unique and inspiring Amish work ethic and craftsmanship. Our builders include both traditional Amish families and families that have embraced technology to a higher degree. Most of our builders ride bicycles to work and their families are transported by walking or horse and buggy. Amish builders are very conscious of the need and benefits of recycling and environmentally sensitive business practices, and they often heat their workshops with wood scraps and sawdust.
Amish builders are committed to producing the very best Amish college chairs imaginable. Everyone who is even slightly familiar with furniture is aware of the capability, quality, ability and legacy of Amish craftsmen in Ohio. Members of the furniture and woodworking industries are unanimous in their praise of Amish woodworking, craftsmanship, and work ethic. That’s why Affinity Classics relies on our Amish Craftsmen to build our unique Classic College Chairs.
Affinity Traditional College Chairs
Built to Last by Our Traditional American Craftsmen
- Officially Licensed College Products
- High-quality, Traditional collegiate Chairs Built in the Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, a Center of Fine American Furniture
- Logos Screen-printed or Engraved and Filled with Brilliant Gold or Bright Silver…also Metal Medallions can be installed
- Bright, Colorful Logos via our proprietary TrueColor Logos™, Official Collegiate Emblems and other images in true Pantone™Colors
- Combinations of Styles, Woods, and Finishes
- NOT factory chairs like those of competitors; we make our chairs individually
- Best Construction of all Traditional College Chairs
- Four Traditional Models including the only College Deacon’s Bench on the market
- All-maple chairs available in Black Lacquer and three different stains: Cherry, Light Maple, and Walnut
- Made in America – American Woods and Traditional American Craftsmen
Affinity Classics builds its Traditional College Chairs in Watauga County, located in western North Carolina. We work with Traditional Craftsmen of the Blue Ridge Mountains because of their fine woodworking, finishing, and service. Our Traditional Craftsmen are committed to sturdy construction and perfect finishing. We do not use laminated woods or plywoods as do competitors. Each seat is made of solid maple with a beautiful maple veneer that ensures a perfect surface.
Our shop has been in operation for over 30 years. Production of furniture has long been a principal industry in western North Carolina where the materials and, most importantly, the woodworking talent and traditions reside. Consumers who are familiar with the furniture industry are fully aware of the fine furniture of Traditional Craftsmen of North Carolina. That is why Affinity Classics relies on our Traditional Craftsmen to build our fine college chairs. Other personalized college chairs may appear similar, but they are not the same. Affinity Classics’ Traditional College Chairs are unique in the market.
Affinity Heritage College Chairs
New, Innovative College Chairs made by Our Amish Craftsmen
Our Heritage line of college chairs, like our Classic College Chairs, are constructed and finished in Northeastern Ohio by our Amish craftsmen – men and women. Heritage chairs are built with the same inspiring Amish work ethic and craftsmanship. Our builders operate small shops of 1-10 craftsmen. Find our Heritage Chairs, Benches, and Stools by using the menu on our Affinity Heritage Chairs page.
- Diverse Chairs, Benches, and Stools
- Three Styles of College Benches in 3 sizes
- All chairs can display a college seal or logo
- Bright, colorful Logos via our proprietary TrueColor Logos™, Official College Emblems, and other images that represent colleges, universities, businesses, and organizations, in true Pantone™ Colors
- Multiple Woods, Finishes, Fabrics, Leathers
- Made in America from American Woods and by American Craftsmen in Amish Country of Northeastern Ohio.
Affinity Miniature College Chairs
Exact Replicas for Awards & Donor Relations
We make Miniature Chairs for university advancement, development, alumni offices, and human resources. Universities engage us in search of college miniature chairs as gifts to honor principal donors. Because they may know donors and prospective donors whose contributions may not justify the expense of a full-size chair or the donors may prefer less expensive gifts, these offices have decided to make available small replica chairs that can be displayed on desks and shelves in homes and offices.
Also, many institutional donors prefer to receive a small replica chair rather than a full-size chair at the relatively higher expense to the organization which they support. Principal Donors often prefer that their favorite charity conserve donor funds and avoid premium items such as full-size chairs, preferring that their charity be a conservative steward of their funds.
We offer exact models of our Affinity Traditional Captain’s Chair and our Affinity Classic Alumni Chair in 4-inch, 5-inch, and 6-inch miniatures (below). Currently we offer chairs in black lacquer and an elegant, new material that appears as frosted glass (at additional cost). Other sizes and other attractive materials and finishes are available. We offer elegant bases in brown maple wood or cherry wood in dimensions of 5.25″, 6″, and 6.5″ square. Custom bases are also available in marble and granite with sophisticated metal nameplates. We can make these plaques, or you can rely on your favorite, local trophy vendor.